Pages

07 October 2010

The Baltic Herring Fair

                                                     Havis Amanda
                                          Sellers in the Market Square






                                            The Old Market Hall
                                 Two-headed eagle in the Market Square

The traditional Baltic Herring Fair was opened on Sunday and it will last until Saturday. The weather has been gorgeous all week. There was a lot of people walking around enjoying themselves on the lunch break I went to the fair. There has been some concern that the number of fishermen coming to the fair is decreasing from year to year. I hope the fabulous weather means their sales will be good too. I can't wait to see what kind of new herring delicacies they come up with next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I will return your visit (if I haven't visited you already), but please be patient. I might not be able to do so until the weekend. Take care!